Our Complaints Procedure
At DF Capital, we want to provide you with exceptional service at all times. However, if we’ve made a mistake or if you’re unhappy with any aspect of our service, please let us know so that we can put things right.
How to make a complaint
To help us to do so, either call us on:-
- Lending Customers – 0203 937 6390
(Phone lines are open Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm, excluding Bank Holidays)
email is us at:-
or write to us at:-
- Complaints Team, DF Capital Bank, 196 Deansgate, Manchester, M3 3WF.
It will be useful if you can provide the following information so that we can both investigate and resolve any dissatisfaction as quickly as possible:
- Your name and address
- Your Account number
- When your issue occurred
- A summary description of your complaint
- How you have been affected by what has gone wrong
- What you expect us to do to put things right
- Any names, dates or references given to you, if you have already spoken or received communications from us
What happens next
If you make a complaint, we will do our best to resolve the issue straight away. However, if we need to investigate the matter further due to the complaint’s nature and complexity, we will send you a written acknowledgement within 5 working days providing you with a summary of your complaint, the name, job title and contact details of the person handling your complaint. We aim to deal with complaints as quickly as possible, this will usually be 15 days. However, if more time is needed, we will keep you informed of progress and aim to have it fully resolved within 8 weeks.
As soon as we have completed our investigation we will send you the final response letter. The final response letter will include the details of our investigation and our decision about your complaint and any next steps.
What to do if you’re still not happy
If we haven’t issued our final response within eight weeks from the date you first raised your complaint, or if we are unable to fully resolve the complaint to your satisfaction, you may be able to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) for an independent review, free of charge – but you must do so within six months of the date of your final response letter. The FOS will only consider your complaint after you’ve tried to resolve it with us, so please take up your concerns with us first and we’ll do all we can to help.
Visit the FOS website for more information:
Their contact details are as follows:-
- The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange Square, London E14 9SR.
- Telephone: 0800 023 4567
- Email: email@example.com
For a complaint to be considered by the FOS, the complainant must be:
- a private individual; or
- a micro-enterprise – a business with less than 10 employees and has a turnover or annual balance sheet that does not exceed €2 million at the time of the complaint; or
- a small business – a business which:
- is not a micro-enterprise;
- has an annual turnover of less than £6.5 million; and
- employs fewer than 50 persons or has a balance sheet total of less than £5 million at the time of the complaint; or
- a charity which has an annual income of less than £5 million at the time of the complaint; or
- a trust which has net assets of less than £5 million at the time of the complaint; or
- a guarantor.
Complaints about commercial lending fall outside the jurisdiction of the FOS and therefore cannot be investigated by them unless the complaint relates to guarantees provided by a personal guarantor, micro enterprise or small business.
If your complaint is FOS ineligible you can escalate your complaint by writing to: Head of Compliance, DF Capital, 196 Deansgate, Manchester, M3 3WF.